This text of the notice is approved by Decision of the Evaluation Commission for open tender No 1 of 14 of april 2022 and is published
pursuant to Article 24 of the Law of the Republic of Armenia “On procurement”
Code of the procedure: HH-BTS-A—GHXTsDzB-22/58
- DESCRIPTION OF THE SUBJECT OF PROCUREMENT
- The contracting authority “Environmental project implementation unit” State Agency of the Ministry of Environment of the Republic of Armenia, located at the following address: 129 Armenakyan street, Yerevan, in the framework of the grant project “Transition to Electric mobility in Armenia” announces a pre-qualification quotation inquiry procedure to identify potential bidders for the Electric Mobility Strategy Consulting Services to be procured under the “Transition to Electric Mobility in Armenia grant program.
|LOT N||SUBJECT OF PROCUREMENT|
|1||Local consultant on the development of an electric mobility policy within the framework of the “Transition towards electric mobility in Armenia” grant project|
- BACKGROUND AND CONTEXT OF THE PROJECT
The goal of the “Transition to Electric mobility in Armenia” project, funded by the Global Environment Facility and the UN Environment Program and implemented by the “Environmental Project Implementation Unit” State Agency, is to form strategic directions for the development of electric mobility in Armenia, demonstrate the technical, financial and environmental benefits of electric mobility to the public and develop an appropriate policy and regulatory package. The Project has three components:
- Component 1. Institutionalization and strategic planning for low-carbon e-mobility.
- Component 2. Short term barrier removal through low-carbon e-mobility demonstrations.
- Component Policy development for scale-up and replication of low-carbon electric mobility based on lessons learned from the pilot.
Strategic directions for the development of electric mobility in Armenia including the smart use of electric vehicle batteries, environmental and social risks of electric mobility, prospects for the development of charging infrastructure, etc., will be formed within the framework of the Project.
The public will be demonstrated the technical, financial and environmental benefits of electric mobility by means of cars with an electric motor and charging stations purchased and installed as a result of the Project. In the long term, an appropriate policy and regulatory package will be developed to ensure the extension of electric mobility.
The details of the Project can be found at the following link:
TERMS OF REFERENCES
|Local consultant on the development of an electric mobility policy within the framework of the “Transition towards electric mobility in Armenia” grant project|
|Reporting structure||The expert/organization, that will provide services, will cooperate with the expert team involved in the Project and also will report to the Project Manager and the customer of the Project, in particular, to the responsible unit established by the customer.
The expert/organization, that will provide services, at the request of the customer, is obliged to be present 6-8 hours a week at the office area provided by the Customer.
The aim of this job is to develop a National Electric Mobility Policy. The job will include:
· Analysis of the best international practices in the field, including the definition of implementable targets of electric mobility and the solution of intersectoral problems (related to the development of the energy sector, urban planning, environmental and security risks, communications and awareness).
· Assessment of the needs for the development of charging infrastructure, electric vehicle fleet in Armenia, as well as identification of problems hindering development and proposal of possible solutions. Solutions should also include appropriate business models, financial instruments and industry structures.
· Based on the best international experience and analysis of Armenia’s needs, the development of a draft National Electric Mobility Policy, discussion with stakeholders and submission to the Government on the adoption.
— Establish close cooperation with Pricewaterhousecoopers Armenia LLC (PwC Armenia), in order to provide additional activities within the framework of the latter’s program “Technical adviser support to Armenia on enabling the uptake of electric vehicle mobility”.
— Development of proposals for a report and policy containing an analysis of the electric vehicle refueling infrastructure in Armenia,
— Development of a draft National Strategy together with the international expert, which should include the following sections:
· Analysis of the charging stations and electric vehicles sector to identify key technical, market and regulatory risks, consequences and ways to improve the current situation,
· Defining the goals of electrification of various vehicles in the medium and long term and determining the sequence of steps to achieve the goal,
· Analysis and review of the current market situation and charging infrastructure policy,
· Innovative business models of charging station infrastructure based on the best international practices that have already been formed,
· Tools and mechanisms for creating favorable conditions for the activation of investment flows in the field of electric mobility,
· Fiscal tools that stimulate electric mobility,
· Proposals to amend the necessary legislative and by-laws that stimulate the sphere,
· A favorable environment for the management of environmental and social risks of electric mobility (in particular, the disposal and recycling of battery waste),
· Tools for increasing the level of public interest in electric mobility.
The expert/organization, that will provide services, must also perform other duties arising from the Project related to the development of an electric mobility policy.
The expert/organization, that will provide services, should be ready to go on a business trip if necessary.
The current reports and the draft National Policy should be submitted in two copies in Armenian, edited versions of computer assembly should be submitted printed and via electronic media.
Final, as well as revised versions of the National Policy should be submitted in two copies in Armenian, edited in the form of a computer collection should be submitted printed and via electronic media, and abstracts should be submitted in English.
• Master’s or PhD degree in the field of transport, climate change or sustainable development (a diploma confirming education).
· Experience in providing services for the development of a policy in the field of transport, climate change, sustainable development or electric mobility commissioned by the UN or other international organizations (the participant must have properly implemented at least one policy development agreement during the year of application and during the previous five years (documents confirming the work done: protocol of delivery and acceptance of the results of the contract, act).
A previously executed contract (or contracts) is evaluated (are evaluated) similarly, if the volume (or total volume) of the service provided within its (their) framework, in total terms, is not less than the price offer submitted by the participant under this procedure. At the same time, the volume of services provided under at least one contract in total terms should not be less than fifty percent of the price offer submitted by the participant under this procedure.
• Sufficient analytical and research skills,
• Sufficient communication skills.
|Languages||Knowledge of English is mandatory.|
|Vaccination Certificate||The expert/organization, that will provide services, must have a certificate for vaccination against the COVID-19 pandemic.|
|Road map||The expert/organization, that will provide services, must submit a road map to achieve the results expected from him within the framework of the Project.|
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION IN THE PROCEDURE
- Pursuant to Article 7 of the Law of the Republic of Armenia “On procurement”, any person, irrespective of the fact of being a foreign natural person, an organisation or a stateless person, shall have equal right to participate in the prequalification procedure.
- A bidder intending to participate in the prequalification procedure must meet the qualifications and technical specifications presented in this notice. The bidder shall be considered as meeting the qualification criterion, provided for by this subpoint, where the bidder has submitted, in a bid, the required information;
- The bidders may participate in the prequalification procedure as a joint venture (as a consortium). In such a case:
(1) the prequalification bid shall also include a joint venture agreement;
(2) when evaluating the prequalification bid the combined qualifications of all the members to the joint venture agreement shall be considered (the qualification of each member to the joint venture agreement must comply with the qualification requirements — stipulated by this notice — assumed under that agreement by the member concerned);
(3) the bidders shall be held liable jointly and severally;
(4) the party (parties) to the joint venture agreement may not submit separate bid (bids) for the same procedure;
(5) where a member of the consortium withdraws from the consortium, the contract concluded by the contracting authority with the consortium shall be rescinded unilaterally and the sanctions provided for by the contract shall be imposed upon the members of the consortium.
III. THE PROCEDURE FOR RECEIVING CLARIFICATION AND MAKING MODIFICATION TO THE NOTICE
- The bidder shall have the right to request the commission for clarification on the prequalification notice at least one working day prior to the expiry of the deadline for submission of prequalification bids. Moreover, the clarification may be requested by 17:00 o’clock (time of the venue for holding the procedure) of the day specified in this point. The commission shall provide the clarification to the enquirer within a working day following the day of receipt of the enquiry but no later than at least three hours prior to expiry of the deadline for submission of prequalification bids.
The bidder shall submit the enquiry specified in this point by means of sending it to the electronic mail of the secretary of the commission.
The clarification regarding the enquiry shall be sent from the electronic mail of the secretary of the commission, provided for by this notice, by means of sending it to the electronic mail of the bidder, from which the enquiry has been received.
- The notice on the contents of the enquiry and clarifications shall be published in the bulletin on the day of providing the clarification to the enquirer without disclosing the data on the enquirer.
- A clarification shall not be provided, where the enquiry has been made with violation of the time limit stipulated by this section, as well as where the enquiry falls beyond the contents of this notice. Moreover, the bidder shall be notified in writing about the grounds for not providing the clarification within one calendar day following the day of receipt of the enquiry.
- Modifications may be made to this notice at least two working days prior to expiry of the deadline for submission of bids. The secretary of the commission shall publish in the bulletin a notice on making a modification on the first working day following the day of making the modification.
- In case of making modifications to the prequalification notice, the deadline for submission of prequalification bids shall be calculated from the date of publishing the notice on those modifications in the bulletin.
- PROCEDURE FOR SUBMITTING A PREQUALIFICATION BID
- A bidder shall submit a bid to the commission in order to participate in this procedure.
- A bidder may submit an application for prequalification to the committee in electronic form with an electronic letter addressed to the secretary of the evaluation committee: email@example.com by sending an email or must submit a prequalification bid to the commission in hard copy — with a cover letter, in a closed envelope, glued. The following shall be indicated on the envelope in the language of the prequalification bid:
- name of the contracting authority and the venue (address) of submission of the bid;
- code of the procedure;
- the words “do not open until the session for prequalification bid opening”;
- name, registered office and telephone number of the bidder.
- Bids for the procedure shall be submitted to the commission no later than
at 12:00 pm of 21.04.2022.
Prequalification bids submitted shall be submitted to the commission prior to the expiry of the deadline stipulated by this point, at the following address: 129 Armenakyan street, Yerevan.
- The prequalification bids submitted in a hard copy shall be received and registered in the bid register by the secretary of the commission: Hovhannes Karakhayan – Procurement specialist .
The secretary shall register the bids in the bid register in the order of receipt, by indicating in the register the registration number, date and time. A statement of information thereon shall be issued by the request of the bidder. The bids submitted after the expiry of the deadline for submission of bids shall not be registered in the register and shall be returned by the secretary within two working days following the date of their receipt.
- The bidder shall submit the following in the prequalification bid:
(1) written application certified by the bidder for participation in the prequalification procedure pursuant to Annex 1;
(2) the statement approved by the bidder on compliance with the requirements of the qualification criterion of the organization’s experience prescribed by this notice pursuant to Annex 2;
(3) CV if the bidder is an individual approved by the bidder;
(4) copy of the joint venture agreement, where bidders participate in this procedure as a joint venture (as a consortium).
- When submitting an application in an envelope all documents included in the bid, shall be submitted in original and 2 The words “original” and “copy” shall be respectively marked on the packages of documents. Notary certified copies of the original documents may be submitted instead of the original documents;
- The prequalification bids may, in addition to Armenian, also be submitted in English or Russian.
- The envelope and the documents provided for by this notice, drawn up by thebidder shall be signed by the person submitting them or the authorised person thereof (hereinafter referred to as “the agent”). Where the prequalification bid is submitted by the agent, a document certifying the power thereof to submit a bid shall be submitted in the bid. Where appropriate, the bidder may submit the required information in forms other than the forms proposed by this notice, by observing the required requisites.
- OPENING, EVALUATION OF THE PREQUALIFICATION BIDS AND SUMMARISATION OF THE RESULTS
- Opening, evaluation of the prequalification bids and summarisation of the results shall be carried out at the prequalification bid opening session, at the following address: 129 Armenakyan, Yerevan, at 12:00 pm of 21.04.2022.
- At the session for prequalification bid opening and evaluation:
(1) the secretary of the commission shall provide information on the records made in the register and forward the bid register, other documents forming an integral part thereof and the registered and/or electronically submitted bids to the chairperson of the commission;
(2) after the documents referred to in subpoint 1 of this point are forwarded to the chairperson (person presiding over the session), the commission shall evaluate:
- the compliance of the preparation and submission of the envelopes containing the bids with the prescribed procedure and open the bids evaluated as complying with the prescribed procedure;
- the availability of the required (prescribed) documents in each of the opened envelopes and the compliance of preparation thereof, as well as of electronically submitted documents with the requisites defined in the notice;
- Bids complying with the conditions provided for by this notice shall be evaluated as satisfactory. The prequalification bids shall otherwise be evaluated as unsatisfactory and be rejected.
Where as a result of the evaluation conducted at the prequalification bid opening session, inconsistencies with regard to the requirements of this notice are detected in the bid of the bidder, the commission shall suspend the session for one working day, and the secretary of the commission shall electronically notify the bidder thereof on the same day, proposing the bidder to eliminate the inconsistency prior to the end of the suspension period. Moreover, the proposal specified in this point shall:
(1) mandatorily and thoroughly describe the detected inconsistencies;
(2) be sent from the electronic mail of the secretary, specified in this notice, to the electronic mail of the bidder, specified in the bidder’s application.
- Where the bidder eliminates the detected inconsistency within the time limit prescribed by point 20 of this notice, the bid of the bidder shall be evaluated as satisfactory. The bid shall otherwise be evaluated as unsatisfactory and be rejected. The bidder shall submit the corrected documents by way of sending them from the electronic mail, specified in the application for participation in this procedure, to the electronic mail of the secretary of the commission, provided for by this notice.
- A member or the secretary of the commission may not participate in the activities of the commission, where at the prequalification bid opening session it appears that the organisation founded by them or the organisation wherein they hold a share (unit), or the person with whom they are linked by kinship or in-law relationships (parent, spouse, child, brother, sister as well as parent-in-law, spouse’s child, spouse’s brother and spouse’s sister), or the organisation founded by that person or the organisation wherein that person holds a share (unit) has submitted a bid to participate in the procedure concerned. Where the condition provided for by this point exists, the member or the secretary of the commission having a conflict of interests regarding this procedure shall recuse himself or herself from the procedure concerned immediately after the prequalification bid opening session.
- A protocol on opening, evaluation of bids and summarisation of results shall be drawn up, whereby the list of prequalified bidders shall also be approved. On the first working day following the end of the bid opening session, the secretary of the commission shall:
(1) publish in the bulletin the printed (scanned) copies of the originals of the statements on absence of conflict of interests signed by him or her and the members of the commission present at the bid opening session;
(2) notify bidders, having submitted bids evaluated as not complying with the conditions provided for by this notice, on the grounds for rejecting the prequalification bids.
- Prequalified bidders are eligible for further participation in the procurement process.
For receiving additional information concerning this notice, you may apply to H.Karakhanyan, Secretary of the Commission
E-mail ` firstname.lastname@example.org
Contracting authority ` “Environmental project implementation unit” State Agency of the Ministry of Environment.
to the notice on the prequalification procedure
of the price quotation under the code HH-BTS-A-GHXTsDzB-22/58
for participation in the prequalification procedure
________________________________________ informs of the intention to participate
name of the bidder
in the prequalification procedure of the price quotation under
the code ____ HH-BTS-A—GHXTsDzB-22/58 announced by
and submits a bid in compliance with the requirements of the prequalification notice.
The tax identification number of ___________________ is ________________________.
name of the bidder tax identification number
The electronic mail address of _____________________ is _______________________.
name of the bidder e-mail address
The phone number of _____________________ is _______________________.
name of the bidder phone number
name of the bidder (position, name, surname of the head) signature
to the notice on the prequalification procedure
of the price quotation under the code HH-BTS-A—GHXTsDzB-22/58
on compliance with the qualification criterion “Company Experience”
_____________________________________________ declares and certifies that has provided
name of the bidder
the below-mentioned services:
|1.1 Contracts of strategy development services commissioned by the UN or other international organizations, in the field of transport, climate change, sustainable development or electric mobility executed appropriately in the year of application and in the previous five years|
|N||Data||Number||Amount||Subject/ description||data on the contracting authority and the contact information thereof|
_____________________________________________ hereby declares and certifies that it meets the
name of the bidder
qualification criteria for the Company’s experience set out in the application for prequalification under HH-BTS-A—GHXTsDzB-22/58, and is willing to provide documents confirming the qualification, if required, within the prescribed period.
name of the bidder (position, name, surname of the head) signature