The “Environmental project Implementation Unit” State Agency at the Ministry of Environment (hereinafter referred to as the employer) announces a competition to select a project manager within the framework of the grant program “Transition towards electric mobility in Armenia”. Duration of the program is 3 years. The selected employee will undergo a two-month trial period, after which a three-month contract will be concluded with the condition to renew it based on performance indicators.
Duty station: Yerevan, Armenia
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 09:00-18:00
- reports to the National Project Director, to the Task Manager of the Lead Implementing Agency (UNEP), as well as the employer;
- submits a roadmap to achieve the results expected from him/her within the framework of the program;
- reports on the work done and the obtained results at the end of each working day and week at the request of the employer;
- shows up to work and uses his own computer, at the request of the employer;
- submits a person as his/her guarantor of property liability, at the request of the employer.
- Ensure that project implementation is carried out according to the project design and the outputs are delivered and outcomes achieved to the required standard of quality within the approved timeframe and budget.
- Regular communication with relevant ministries, governmental agencies, co-finance partners, PSC members, members of ad-hoc technical working groups and all other key stakeholders.
- Organize and facilitate the inception workshop, project steering committee meetings and other project meetings.
- Undertake timely reporting to the NPD and the IA as per the M&E Plan and the project cooperation agreement requirements.
- Prepare annual workplan and budget revisions and update the project Procurement Plan, as required.
- Supervision of the staff, experts, subcontractors, and implementing partners working on the project.
- Annual assessment of risks, considering risks identified in the CEO Endorsement document and proposal of mitigation strategies and implementation of mitigations measures.
- Track project achievements against the Results Framework, Core Indicator worksheet and Gender Action Plan.
- Lead the development of e-mobility strategy and reports preceding its approval.
- Monitor the scheduling, reporting, and quality of the capacity building programme
- Ensure the procurement project implementation (including charging infrastructure development) is carried out according to the workplan, design, and fulfills KPIs and targets listed in the Results Framework.
- Ensure the proper organization and implementation of the National Forum on Electric Mobility.
- Communicate with other specialists involved in the project. Ensure that aspects of gender relevant to outputs other than the one related to strategy development based on the gender experts assessment are integrated into other outputs.
- Submit a work plan for the provision of services within the first week after the the contract is concluded.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, management, information management, or a related field (presence of a diploma confirming education);
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in project management, preferably in the area of climate change (the presence of at least one contract for carrying out such work and / or one of the following documents confirming the work done: certificate, review, recommendation, act of delivery and acceptance of work, protocol);
- Experience in preparing written outputs including background papers, analytical notes, reports etc. is required (certificate of relevant experience);
- Experience in the UN system or comparable international organizations is desirable (availability of at least one of the following documents confirming employment contracts and/or completed work: certificate, review, recommendation);
- Excellent knowledge of Armenian (written and oral), English (TOEFL, IELTS or other equivalent certificate), Russian (written and oral) languages.
Those interested can contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com) by sending a resume and a photo, as well as the documents confirming the required qualifications. Please indicate the name of the position (“Project manager”) as the subject of the letter. For any questions, please call (+37410) 651-631.
The employee will be selected in three stages. After studying the submitted documents, the selected candidates will be invited to an interview at the “EPIU” State Agency. After this stage, the selected candidates will be invited to an interview with representatives of the donor organization.
Salary: 340,000 AMD (including taxes)
Deadline: January 28, 2022